Have you ever lost your zen cart admin password or just wanted to change it or reset it? There are a few ways to reset or change your admin password so that you can access your zen cart admin again.
1. Log into your zen cart admin using another account. Go to the Admin -> Tools -> Admin Settings:
2. Click on reset password.
3. Add your new password info
Use this method if you can not remember your admin password.
1. Click on the “resend password” link.
2. Enter your admin email address and click on resend.
Use this method to create a temporary admin account in order to log in if the first two methods don’t work.
1. Log into your web hosting account. Open your phpMyAdmin.
2. Click on the SQL tab.
3. Type this into the query box and press “go”:
INSERT INTO admin (admin_name, admin_email, admin_pass, admin_level)
VALUES (‘Admin’, ‘admin@localhost’, ‘351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b’, 1);
**Please note: If you are using a prefix for your database tables, you will need to add that prefix to the table name above ie. “… FROM/INTO prefix_admin …”.**
You should now be able to login using the following details:
Be sure to use proper case. ie. ‘Admin’ for username, not ‘admin’.
After you log in, remember to delete this temporary admin account and create a new one from Admin->Tools->Admin Settings
If you are having trouble with your zen cart and need trouble shooting help, contact the pros at Picaflor Azul for a free quote.