Offering incentives for customer referrals is a great way to grow your business. This step by step tutorial will show you how to set up customer referral tracking in your zen cart by using coupon codes.
1. Log into your zen cart admin and go to Configuration->Customer Details.
Click on “Customers Referral Status”, select “1”, and click on the “update” button.
2. Create a coupon code. If you do not know how to do this, read this tutorial.
3. Assign the coupon code to a customer. This can be done in a number of ways. The easiest would be to advertise your customer referral rewards program and assign the codes as customers sign up for the program.
4. The customer gives this coupon code out to their friends who them make purchases.
5. The coupon code is stored as the referral source and tied to that customer when they place their order.
If you need help customizing your zen cart web site, or would like a great custom design, please contact us for a quote.