EZ pages are a quick, super easy way to add additional pages to your zen cart site. They can be used for New Pages, Internal Links, External Links, Secure or Non-Secure pages, Same or New Window pages. There is also the ability to create “related” links in the format of a Chapter (group) and its TOC (table of contentes–related pages/links). This step by step tutorial will show you how to create an EZ page.
1. Log into your zen cart admin and go to Tools -> EZ-Pages.
2. Click on the “new file” button.
3. Fill out the information on this page.
- A. Page Title:Links are named by the Page Title. All Links need a Page Title in order to function. If you forget to add a Page Title, then you will not be able to add the Link.
- B. Open New Window–this should be set to “no” unless you have a very good reason to check “yes” such as a link to an external web site
- C. Page is SSL:–default is “no”
- D. Header:–Header Sort Order used while generating pages in single row for the header; Sort order should be greater than zero to enable this page in the row type listing
- E. Sidebox:–Sidebox Sort order is used when pages are listed in vertical links; Sort order should be greater than zero to enable it in vertical listing, else it will be considered as HTML text for special purposes
- F. Footer:–Footer Sort Order used while generating pages in single row footer; Sort order should be greater than zero to enable this page in the row type listing
- G. Chapter:–Chapters are used with TOC (Table of Contents) Sort Order for the display on Previous/Next. Links in the TOC will consist of pages matching this chapter number, and will be displayed in the TOC Sort Order.
- H. TOC:–TOC (Table of Contents) Sort Order used while generating pages that are customized as either a single row (header/footer, etc) or vertically, based on individual needs; Sort order should be greater than zero to enable this page in the listing
- I. HTML Content:
- J. Internal Link URL–If specified, the page content will be ignored and this INTERNAL alternate URL will be used to make the link. Example to Reviews: index.php?main_page=reviews
- K. External Link URL:–If specified, the page content will be ignored and this EXTERNAL alternate URL will be used to make the link. Example to external link: https://www.sashbox.net
Click on the “insert” button.
- If you do not assign an Order for the Header, Sidebox or Footer, then the Link will not display even if you have a Page Title.
- You can add Additional Links to the Header, Footer and Sidebox with EZ-Pages, but you are not limited to these three Link locations.
- Links can be in one or more locations simply by enabling the Order for the Location(s) where the Link should appear.
- The Order numbering method is up to you. Numbering using 10, 20, 30, etc. is recommended as it will allow you to add additional Links later. A “0” value for the Order will disable the Link from displaying.
- HTML editors will often add the opening and closing tags for sections like , and to the file you are working on. These must be removed as these are already added to the pages via EZ-Pages.
- Internal Link URLs are links to internal pages within your zen cart shop. These can be to any valid URL, but should be written as relative links. This way the Link will remain valid if moved to another domain
- The Type of Link that you create is based on an order of precidence, where HTML Content will superceed both the Internal Link and the External Link values and the External Link URL will superceed the Internal Link URL
- WARNING …When using Editors such as the HTMLarea, if you hit enter in the HTML Content area it will be detected as “content” and will override any Internal Link URL or External Link URL.
If you need help customizing your zen cart web site, or would like a great custom design, please contact us for a quote.