If you aren’t already backing up your database regularly, you should be! Having a good, recent backup of your database will allow you to get your zen cart store up and running again quickly in case anything goes wrong. This step by step tutorial will show you how to backup your database using PHPMyAdmin.
1. Log into your web hosting account. Open your phpMyAdmin.
Select the database for your zen cart store. Click on “Export”.
Under options, make sure these recommended settings are selected:
- Add DROP TABLE / VIEW / PROCEDURE / FUNCTION / EVENT
- Add IF NOT EXISTS
- Add AUTO_INCREMENT value
- Enclose table and field names with backquotes
- Add CREATE PROCEDURE / FUNCTION / EVENT
- Complete inserts
- Use hexadecimal for BLOB
- Export type must be set to INSERT
Check “Save as file” and click on “Go”.
Save the file to your computer.
It is a good habit to back up your database on a weekly basis.
If you need help customizing your zen cart web site, or would like a great custom design, please contact us for a quote.