Loading products into your store is a must have skill for any store owner. This tutorial will show you step by step how to add products to your zen cart storefront.
Zen Cart Preparation
You should set up your categories and sub categories before adding products. If you do not know how to set up your categories and sub categories, go here for a step by step tutorial.
1. Log into your zen cart admin and go to Catalog -> Categories/Products.
2. Click on the category where you want to add the new product.
3. Select the appropriate product type from the pull down menu and click “New Product”.
4. You will enter your product information into the form as follows:
- A. Products Status–Is the product in stock?
- B. Date Available–Leave it blank for immediate availability.
- C. Products Manufacturer–Select the manufacturers name (these must already be set up)
- D. Products Name
- E. More product details
- F. Tax Class–taxable or not
- G. Products Price (Net)
- H. Product is Virtual
- I. Always Free Shipping
- J. Products Quantity Box Shows
- K. Products Description
- L. Products Quantity–the amount you have in stock
- M. Products Model
- N. Products Image–click on browse to upload the image from your computer
- O. Products URL–a link to an external site
- P. Products Shipping Weight
- Q. Sort Order–the order the product will appear on the product listing page
5. Click on “preview”
6. If all looks well, click on “insert”. If not, click on “back” to make changes.
View your product in the admin and the store:
Product is shown in our free zen cart template Aberdeen Neutral. If you like it you can download it for free here.
If you need help with your zen cart web site, please contact us for a quote.