The More Information sidebox in zen cart is perfect for adding extra pages of content to your site. It is very useful because you can edit the content of the pages via the define pages editor in the zen cart admin. By default, it comes installed with generic page names, titles, etc. This tutorial will show you step by step how to customize this sidebox to use it for your custom content. This tutorial will use our free zen cart template Andover Modern as an example. You can download this template for free here.
1. Go to your Admin -> Tools -> Layout Boxes Controller and activate the more_information.php sidebox.
Change the Name of the Sidebox and the Names of the Sidebox Links
2. In your favorite plain text editor, open includes/languages/english.php. On or around line 147 find this code:
3. Change the text in green to your new text.
4. Save the file to your template override directory, in this case includes/languages/andover_modern/english.php
***This is a php file and MUST be edited in a plain text editor. If you try to edit this file in any type of wysiwyg editor, the code will be corrupted and when you insert the file back into your zen cart it will break your entire site.***
Change the Page Name and Browser Bar/Breadcrumb Title
5. Open includes/languages/english/page_2.php. Find this code:
6. Change the ‘Page 2′ to your page name.
7. Save the file to your template override directory, in this case it is includes/languages/english/andover_modern/page_2.php
Add Your Text to the Page
8. Log into your zen cart admin and go to Admin -> Tools -> Define Pages Editor
9. Select define_page_2.php from the pull down menu.
10. Enter your page content into the big box.
You are all finished!