Showing all of your documents in one sidebox can be very handy. You might have a recipe section on your site, or product guides, etc. This step by step tutorial will show you how to show all of your documents in their own sidebox.
This tutorial features the Andover Modern free zen cart template by Picaflor Azul. If you would like to use it for your zen cart project, you can download it for free here:
Andover Modern Free Zen Cart Template
1. Log into your zen cart admin and go to Catalog -> Categories/Products.
2. Create a category to hold your documents. If you do not know how to create a category, see this turtorial:
How to Add Categories and Sub Categories in Zen Cart
3. Click on the edit category icon, the green “e”
4. Click on the drop down menu for “Restrict to Product Type” and select “Document General”. Then click on the “Add Include SubCategories” button and then the “save” button. Only categories restricted to product type “Document General” will show in the documents sidebox.
5. Add a “product” as you normally would to your new documents category, making sure to select “Document-General” from the pull down menu before clicking on the “new product” button.
If you don’t know how to add a product, follow this tutorial:
How to Add Products to Zen Cart
Now you will see your documents in their own sidebox.
If you would like to rename the sidebox to something else, for example “How To’s” follow this tuorial:
How to Change the Name of the Categories (or any) Sidebox Heading in Zen Cart