Zen cart natively comes with many sideboxes and there are a ton more that you can install for additional functionality. If you are like me and love a clean, uncluttered, easy to navigate site, you will want to turn off most of these. This step by step tutorial will show you how to remove and/or re-arrange the sideboxes in your zen cart.
This tutorial features the Pink Boutique free zen cart template by Picaflor Azul. If you want to use it for your zen cart store, you can download it for free here.
1. Log into your zen cart admin and go to Tools -> Layout Boxes Controller
2. Select the sidebox that you want to edit or remove and click on the green “e”.
3a. To turn the box off set the “Left/Right Column Status:” to “OFF” and click on update.
3b. To turn the box on there are 3 bits of information you need to set:
- A. “Left/Right Column Status:”–set to “ON”
- B. “Location: (Single Column ignores this setting)”–set to “LEFT” or “RIGHT”
- C. “Left/Right Column Sort Order:” (The position of the boxes is based on their sort order. Example: a box with a sort of 10 would be above a box with a sort of 30.)
And click on the “update” button.